Over the course of the season,
protocols for Covid-19 will continue to evolve. We will communicate these
changes to you by providing updated Accountabilities documents on our WMHA
website, and WMHA Facebook page.
a reminder, we need everyone – players, coaches, parents and guardians - to
follow all Covid-19 protocols.
As a reminder, we need everyone – players, coaches, parents and guardians - to follow all Covid-19 protocols.
Now only One Forms is required for each person entering the Arena Form is Available HERE and must be submitted when entering building
Below you will find general accountabilities for all people entering the arena, along with more specific protocols for players and parents. New accountabilities will be shown on the top, and ongoing accountabilities will be shown underneath.
Link to our Latest Document is HERE
If you have any questions please email us or send us a message through Facebook and we will be happy to help.
***NEW** Accountabilities for WMHA board members, coaches, players, & parents/guardians:
· 1 parent/guardian per participant will be allowed in the arena, starting Friday October 9, 2020. There are no additional siblings or additional guests permitted.
· 20 participants maximum allowed per skate, plus 5 coaches – for a total of 25 people on the ice. If less than 20 participants, can have additional coaches provided the maximum number of 25 is not exceeded.
· 10 people maximum per dressing room, including coaches.
· Parents/guardians MAY NOT enter dressing rooms at any time.
· Chairs will be set up in the lobby for U11 (Atom) and below age groups. Players may come out to the chairs where parents/guardians may assist with tying skates and helmet fastening.
· U13 (Peewee) and above will tie their own skates and fasten their helmets in the dressing rooms as they have in previous skates.
· Parents are to remain in the lobby with their child until the participants move to the dressing rooms to drop off their hockey bags, and wait for the ice to be ready. Parents will then move to the assigned seating area. You must sit on the same side of the arena that your child’s dressing room is on. You will leave through the exit on that same side of the arena within 10 Minutes after end of practice. Admittance back into the lobby will not be allowed.
· After skate, U11 (Atom) and below will remove skates and helmets with help from the coaches as needed. Once all participants are ready to exit the building, they will exit as a team, so that coaches can ensure there is a parent/guardian outside waiting for them.
· U13 (Peewee) and above age groups will exit as they have at previous skates.
Ongoing General Accountabilities for all people entering the arena
● Masks must be worn at all times in the arena.
● Physical distancing must be maintained.
● No food or drink is allowed in the arena.
● You must enter the arena for screening 15-25 minutes prior to your ice time.
● Doors are locked 10 minutes prior to your scheduled ice time and no admission is allowed once doors are locked. This is to allow CK Municipal staff an opportunity to clean the lobby after each session goes through.
● You must successfully complete 2 screening forms, one from the Municipality of Chatham-Kent & one from the Ontario Hockey Federation each time you come to the arena to gain entry.
● Once you gain entry, you must remain in the lobby practicing physical distancing until the doors open to the dressing rooms 10 minutes prior to the scheduled ice time.
● Once you gain entry beyond the lobby, there is no re-entry to the lobby. Once you exit the building there is no re-entry to the building.
● Following the skate, all players and parents must exit the arena within 10 minutes to allow staff access for cleaning.
● Use the restroom prior to attending the arena. Only the lobby restroom will be available prior to your scheduled ice time and is unavailable during the ice time. No other restrooms are open.
All guests to Wallaceburg Memorial Arena must follow the protocols or they won’t be permitted to return to the arena. This not only jeopardizes hockey for the individual player, this also places hockey for the association at risk.
Player Specific Accountabilities
● Arrive at the arena dressed. Dressing rooms are open for players and coaches to put on skates and helmets. We encourage players to show up with skates on wearing skate guards. (No rollerblade skate guards).
● Goalies can show up with goalie pants on. Upper body, pads and skates can be done at the arena.
● Bring your own water bottle and fill your water bottle prior to coming to the arena. Please remember to wash your water bottle regularly, and remind children not to share water bottles. Also, please label water bottles.
● Sit in appropriately marked areas of the dressing room.
● Sit in your marked area until permitted to walk towards the ice.
● Wear a mask until your helmet is on.
● Use the tunnels to gain access to the ice. Use the tunnels to return to the dressing room.
● Players will remove their skates and helmets only and Goalies Remove Skates, Pads, Chest Protector and Helmet only. After Helmet removed put on their mask and exit using the side doors within 10 Minutes after end of practice
Let’s all do our part! Let’s Go Lakers!