you’re aware, the WMHA board has been working overtime the last 8 weeks to make
our return to play a success. After
working with the OMHA, OHF, OWHA, Local Public Health Unit and the Municipality
of Chatham-Kent we have a solid framework in place that allows us to hit the
ice October 2nd. Hockey will look
different in 2020. Our goal is to move
forward in the stages and towards more familiar 5 on 5 hockey. In order to accomplish this goal, we need
everyone – players, coaches, parents and guardians - to follow all Covid-19
protocols. WMHA has assigned a board member to be our Covid Officer
Kristine Moniger has volunteered to spearhead all Covid Related Questions and concerns.
If required please contact Kristine @ [email protected] (519) 401-6120
To make our return to play successful we can’t stress enough the importance of adhering to all protocols.
Latest Risk Management Documents will be available in Menu on our
Website. We expect our approach to evolve as time moves forward. Look for Menu Item "RISK MANAGEMENT"
As stated below Please Have OHF_CK_COVID_19_SCREENING_2020_-_Prepared_Form
Completed prior to arrival to Arena
Below you will find general accountabilities for all people entering the arena, along with more specific protocols for players and parents. As we move along, we will continue to update this page with the most recent information.
We’re thrilled to be back and with your help we plan to make the 2020-2021 season a success!
If you have any questions please email us or send us a message through Facebook and we will be happy to help.
General Accountabilities for all people entering the arena
● Masks must be worn at all times in the arena.
● Physical distancing must be maintained.
● No food or drink is allowed in the arena.
● You must enter the arena for screening 15-25 minutes prior to your ice time.
● Doors are locked 10 minutes prior to your scheduled ice time and no admission is allowed once doors are locked.
● You must successfully complete 2 screening forms, one from the Municipality of Chatham-Kent & one from the Ontario Hockey Federation to gain entry.
● Once you gain entry, you must remain in the lobby practicing physical distancing until the doors open to the dressing rooms 10 minutes prior to the scheduled ice time.
● Once you gain entry beyond the lobby, there is no re-entry to the lobby. Once you exit the building there is no re-entry to the building.
● Following the skate, all players and parents must exit the arena within 10 minutes to allow staff access for cleaning.
● Use the restroom prior to attending the arena. Only the lobby restroom will be available prior to your scheduled ice time and is unavailable during the ice time. No other restrooms are open.
All guests to Wallaceburg Memorial Arena must follow the protocols or they won’t be permitted to return to the arena. This not only jeopardizes hockey for the individual player, this also places hockey for the association at risk.
Player Specific Accountabilities
● Arrive at the arena dressed. Dressing rooms are open for players and coaches to put on skates and helmets. We encourage players to show up with skates on wearing skate guards. (No rollerblade skate guards).
● Goalies can arrive with Pants, Cup/Jill, Under Garments. Pads, skates, and Chest Protector can be done at the arena.
● Bring your own water bottle and fill your water bottle prior to coming to the arena. Please remember to wash your water bottle regularly, and remind children not to share water bottles. Also, please label water bottles.
● Sit in appropriately marked areas of the dressing room.
● Sit in your marked area until permitted to walk towards the ice.
● Wear a mask until your helmet is on.
● Use the tunnels to gain access to the ice. Use the tunnels to return to the dressing room.
● Players will remove their skates and helmets, put on their mask and exit using the side doors.
Parent (Guardian) Accountabilities
Parents are NOT permitted in the arena for the first week. If players/coaches follow the protocols, CK will consider allowing parents entry the following week.
When parents are permitted entry:
● Only one parent is allowed entry per player. No additional siblings or guests are allowed entry.
● Once a parent enters the change room area, they are NOT permitted re-entry to the lobby and must remain in the seating area. Parents can accompany players who require assistance to the dressing rooms before moving to the seating area.
● Parents must use assigned seating locations
● Following practice parents can assist players in the dressing room and will then exit the side doors of the arena. There is no exit through the lobby.
We’re looking forward to working with you to make this season a success!
Let’s all do our part!
Let’s Go Lakers!